Monday, November 9, 2009

Injury in a Saddle


About two weeks ago I went horseback riding with Abby and a man in my ward named Denise Norton. I rode a horse named Sunbreyer, she is a golden-brown dappled with a grey and black mane and tail. Abby rode a miniture pony named Diamond, she is white with big light brown spots and a whit mane and tail. Denise rode Aztec, he is golden buckskin with a blonde mane and tail.
We rode from Alpine to the mouth of American-Fork Canyon. There we ate lunch on the hill. After lunch we headed back for home. There were three short-cuts , we took the third. It was a worn out gate with barbed wire fences. Denise and Aztec went through first, and then he told me to come through. I kicked Sunbreyer to go through but she didn't like the looks of the gate so she spun around and ran through a cluster of oak trees. The trees dug into my left arm and gave me a cut on my nose.
We stopped at a small opening in the middle of the oak trees. I had cuts all up my arm and hand I also had a cut on my nose. Denise came to our side of the gate and made a trail for me to ride through. Then he said " You are really strong. You ripped down a whole oak about 31/2 inches around!" That was suprising !!!

1 comment:

Ann Mitchell said...

Wow! That was quite an adventure!

My Next Birthday

Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker